- The expertise of the plastic surgeon.
- It is preferable to have a specialist buttock surgeon inject buttock filler, rather than a general doctor who is not a cosmetic surgeon.
- The volume of filler required.
- Some patients underestimate the amount of filler required and the cost of this expensive procedure.
- The type of filler being injected.
- The brand of hyaluronic acid being injected is very important to the quality of the result. Harley Buttock Clinic uses HYAcorp filler.
- Less expensive fillers will reabsorb quickly and may leave lumps.
- Whether to have the procedure while awake using a local anaesthetic, or whether to be put to sleep.
- Having the procedure when sedated avoids the pain of filler being injected, and also allows the surgeon to reach deeper areas of the buttocks, improving the result.